Tuesday, January 12, 2010

CPSIA. . .

The fun of crafting is seeing the final product. Even better than that is seeing the look on someone's face when you give it to them. The worst part is having the authorities come after you for making the quilt for your friend's baby and not having tested it according to the CPSIA's laws or tagging it as required by the FTC and CPSIA.

I stopped keeping up with the CPSIA laws because they aggravated me. It seems that some testing has been delayed another year but other testing the the tagging must be done presently in order to sell your products. With all of the dangerous items coming out of China they need to focus on imports rather than what Granny's making and giving her friend's daughter or selling at the craft fair.

I just needed to vent a sec because I REALLY wanted to focus on making children's items but there's no way I can keep up with the laws. I need to research because I 'think' my burp cloths may be okay since the individual pieces are okay but I thought quilts would be in the same boat and I've read differently. So confusing. . . I need a CPSIA for Dummies website.


I spent the afternoon crafting baby items and while it felt great it also saddened me because I don't know if I'll be able to sell them as originally planned. UGH

No comments: